State Public Health officials say a second person has died from the flu this season – this time a 79 year old Sussex County woman. DPH says the woman did have several underlying medical conditions. On Tuesday Health officials say a 2-month old infant in New Castle County died from influenza. DPH has expanded its influenza vaccination opportunities at Public Health Clinics. Vaccinations are available by appointment at:
· Hudson State Service Center, age six months and older at 501 Ogletown Road, Newark, 19711. Call for appointment: (302) 283-7587
· Middletown Health Unit, age nine years and older at 214 North Broad Street, Middletown, 19709. Call for appointment: (302) 378-5200.
· Adams State Service Center, age six months and older at 546 S. Bedford Street Georgetown, 19947. Call for appointment: 302-856-5213.
· Williams State Service Cener, age six months and older, at 805 River Road Dover, 19901. Call for appointment: 302-857-5130.
· Milford Riverwalk: age three years and above at 253 NE Front Street Riverwalk Shopping Center, Milford, 19963. Call for appointment: 302-424-7130.
· Pyle State Service Center: age six months and older at 34314 Pyle Center Road, Frankford, 19945. Call for appointment at 302-732-9512.
Return to: WGMD Local News Blog